Friday, August 29, 2008

What to say?

As usual, I am behind on my posting. However, if you saw my house right now you would understand that I really shouldn't even be taking the precious time while Lila is napping to post. BUT, I actually brought my camera upstairs to the computer instead of it being in my purse, so I thought I should take advantage. So, back to my house...I will not be posting pictures for you to see in its current state, but I will give you an update on what has been going on. Over the weekend we had our hardwood floors refinished...YEAH! For those of you that have ever had this done you know that it leaves a ton of dust and a big mess. Plus, I had to clean out the rooms which means I have crystal and china in boxes all over the carpeted areas of the house. I also never knew that I had SO many knicknacks and pictures! Since we had to let the floors dry, we have had to live with a huge china cabinet and hutch, a piano, an 8 ft. couch, an entertainment center, and a top of an 8 1/2 foot long table all in my kitchen until last night! Here is the other problem. We are getting new carpet on Tuesday, so now I am having to pack up all the other rooms and move them to the hardwood. I thought I had a lot of stuff in the living and dining room, but it doesn't compare to what is in 3 bedrooms and a bonus room! I feel like I am practically moving houses. It doesn't help that I totally want to organize and nest, but keeping up with a 14 month old and being 35 weeks pregnant isn't helping. Oh, and Michael and I both have had the allergy funk going on, so we are not feeling up to par. Going through all this stuff is slowing me down too. I have found videos of my old cheerleading competitions and basketball games of Michael's, as well as old journals, cards, etc. Anyway, I am very happy about my floors and here is a peak of them before we moved in the furniture. I cannot wait for the new carpet to be in, but in the meantime, I will truly be having a long LABOR day weekend. (Well, let's not hope having a baby labor, just working really hard labor!)
I can't complain too much because I actually went to Morristown to visit my family while they worked on the floors. My mom and I were going to pack up and head to Destin for a weekend at the beach, but TS Faye kind of put a damper on that situation (literally). I just decided since this was the last weekend I could travel that I would go visit family. As always it went by too fast. Look for the next post of pictures from "home."

No comments:

Just a glimspe...

I wish you all could see what I wake up to each morning. Every day is a
gift. Here is a glimpse of the little blessings we have been given.

Voting

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
We are The Harrell's. (AKA..TEAM HARRELL). We are loving (and still trying to figure out) this incredible journey of parenting. We don't want to miss a moment of it, so here are our "Happenings" to help document.

Visitors