Thursday, April 2, 2009

WHOLE FOODS

I have decided to start making G man's cereal. I dabbled in making Lila's baby food, but I want to expand by making the Super Baby Porridge from the book, Super Baby food. That meant a trip to the Whole Foods store for me. I really wanted to head up to Trader Joe's, but time did not permit today.
Anyway, the point is...I felt utterly and completely lost as soon as I walked in. Let me say that I have actually been in Wild Oats before, but I would go straight to the fresh pineapple and back out.

This time was different. From the moment I stepped foot in the store, I felt lost. I didn't even know how to work the grocery carts. (They actually have carts for the little carrying baskets.)

So, I ventured over to the aisle with all the oats and grains. Luckily it was right in front of me as I walked in. Oh my....here comes the anxiety. I started to feel like I did the first time Michael and I made a special 50 minute trip up to Babysrus to do our baby register. As soon as I walked in and over to the aisle filled with nipples, bottles, storage bags, etc., I turned around and walked right back out.

Today, I started getting hot and my eyes got all blurry. I didn't even know where to start. I saw bins of legumes, barley, granola, millett, stuff I've never heard of, and oats I don't even know what you do with. There was organic, hulled, aaahhh....I hate this! I am standing there in the middle of the aisle just staring into space as everyone else seemed to be breezing in and out, filling their bags with their oats, and browsing like they actually knew what they were looking for. After frantically looking through each bin and rustling through the pages in my book, I THINK I finally found what I was looking for. I placed my bag under the bin, but then I didn't even know how to get the stupid grains to come out! PLEASE get me out of here! I eventually figured out how to get the grains in the bag. I actually even noticed a sign that says to write down the number of the bin on the tie you use for your bag. (If you know me, I don't pay a lot of attention to most signs, so this in itself was a miracle.)
I did actually browse around for a few minutes before checking out. I go to check out and the lady rings me up. My total comes up to some outrageous number. Come to find out, that little number that I was so proud of myself for writing down on the tie was written smack dab in the middle of the tie, so it ended up folding around the bag and was no longer legible. Therefore, the lady typed in the wrong number. Geez. Can I do anything right in this store? So, that was my adventure to Whole Foods. I only had to ask for help ONE time. In my book, that is pretty good.
The crazy thing is, although I was stressed to the max in there, I can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Just a glimspe...

I wish you all could see what I wake up to each morning. Every day is a
gift. Here is a glimpse of the little blessings we have been given.

Voting

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
We are The Harrell's. (AKA..TEAM HARRELL). We are loving (and still trying to figure out) this incredible journey of parenting. We don't want to miss a moment of it, so here are our "Happenings" to help document.

Visitors