Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I'm on a boat! PART DEUX


So thanks to these two fine folks,

we had another awesome weekend on the lake. This time we headed a little closer to home, to Norris Lake. We met my parents, who were so awesome to meet us in Knoxville at 11 pm at night to pick up our first baby, Chloe, and Lila. Yes, for the first time besides being in the hospital with Graham, I spent the night away from Lila. :(
Because of nursing and the fact that he is still so little (to me), Graham went with us to hang out on the boat with Baby Brody!
Leading up to dropping Lila off I was a nervous wreck. I think I was more bothered by it than her. She was so excited to get to see Grandmother and PopPop, that she didn't even flinch when we put her in their car and they drove away. I knew she was going to have a grand time! She got to see all her cousins and go here:





They said she was a perfect angel and had so much fun!
I wish I could have been with her on her first trip to the big D, but I don't think she even missed me. I only cried once when I talked to my mom on Saturday and she told me that Lila was asking where I was. sniff sniff.
However, when we went to pick her up at my sisters house, she ran away from me and wouldn't have anything to do with me....figures! The no napping at Grandmothers finally caught up with her and she was a little toot.
Graham did so well! He did a lot of this:


And we did a lot of this:


and alot of this:



AND you can't forget this:

It was absolutely the best lake weather ever! It was so nice and sunny and the perfect breeze for the babies.
It was so nice to get away from it all (no cell, FB, internet service) and just soak in God's glorious creation. We definitely had a weekend of good eatin, no make-up wearin, no showerin', and lots of good company!
Here are a few more shots from our great weekend:
Graham enjoying his view:

Me and Debbie:

Graham hanging out and loving the boat:

Naked Baby:

Me and my baby:

My Girls:


G enjoying lunch with his shades on.

HANDSTANDS:

We had a hard time getting a picture. I was afraid I was going to roll on over into the water so I wouldn't kick my leg all the way up. This was the best we could do.





As much as Michael and I both missed Lila, it was so nice to just be able to enjoy each other and spend time with our friends and G. We didn't worry a bit about her because we knew she was in great hands and having a good time.
Now, I don't know if I am ready to go and leave her all the time, but I can say I am glad we did.

No comments:

Just a glimspe...

I wish you all could see what I wake up to each morning. Every day is a
gift. Here is a glimpse of the little blessings we have been given.

Voting

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
We are The Harrell's. (AKA..TEAM HARRELL). We are loving (and still trying to figure out) this incredible journey of parenting. We don't want to miss a moment of it, so here are our "Happenings" to help document.

Visitors