Monday, November 23, 2009

TAGGED!


SOOOOO...for the first time ever, I was officially "tagged" with an award, from awesome Mama Brown! I only hope I will be as wonderful a mother as she is.
About 4 weeks ago when reading her blog, I actually blushed a little when I saw that my blog had been tagged. I kept telling myself that I had to really think about this challenge and make it a good one. Well, in my world these days, there are not extra minutes for thinking of things about myself. As part of the tag, I am suppose to tell you 6 things about myself that most people don't know. I am pretty much an open book and everything that I did happen to think of, I figured most people already knew. For example, I am really not that organized. Yeah, well...most people know this. Or that cheerleading was my life in high school. Well, if you didn't know that you could probably guess it. Not to mention that my children usually get cheered to every day!
So, here are 6 things that maybe not everyone knows about me. Boy...this is hard.
I will start off easy:
1. I am the baby of 4 girls. I love being part of a large family! Although we are all so different, it is kind of scary how alike we all are.
2. I took piano lessons for 9 years. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot to show for it. My love for cheerleading and gymnastics took precedence over practicing my piano. One year, due to finances I had to quit either gymnastics or piano. My mom chose for me and guess which one had to go? She told me that when I was 40 I would still be able to play the piano, but I wouldn't be able to do a round off backhandspring. I wish I would have listened to her. Although, I am now going to make it my goal to still be able to do a round off backhandspring when I am 40! YIKES!
3. My nickname when I was little was "white lightning" because I could run so fast. Many times I was the only girl racing against the boys in field day and in the 7th grade I broke our school record for the mile run. Things changed in the 8th grade when my 200 time considerably slowed down after I "developed", in the words of my track coach. I still like to pretend that I can run really fast. However, when playing adult league flag football a few years ago, I realized that just isn't so. If you can't already tell, I LOVE sports!
4. Michael and I went to elementary, middle and high school together, but separate colleges. We never dated until after we had both graduated from college and saw each other at my sisters wedding. (His brother was a groomsman.) Our parents live .8 mile away from each other and when we were little Michael would ride his bicycle over to my neighborhood. We did go on one date in high school to a hayride and bonfire after a football game. Michael said it wasn't a date and doesn't even remember. I can tell you what I wore. Sebago's, my Guess jeans, and a cream colored sweater with a hot pink rose that covered the whole front. GEEZ...no wonder he doesn't remember. I would block out something has horrible as that outfit too! :)
He did announce to the whole lobby after a basketball game that we were going to "get hitched" as he carried my suitcase out of the varsity room for me. Really we were just on our way to a church retreat in Gatlinburg. Everyone else had gone up early after school, but since we had a basketball game that night, we were going later.
5. After writing all these details about high school, that brings me to another thing about myself. I tend to remember every detail or nothing at all about an event. Mainly I am just weird with remembering dates, especially birthdays, and especially people that have been in my life for a long time.
6. I have a strong desire for missions. There is so much I want to do, and I don't always know where to start. This is hard for me right now, because of having 2 young children and one on the way. I want to GO, but I also want to do so much right here in our own town and surrounding counties. Showing houses in very poor conditions and seeing how some people live just breaks my heart. I also want to adopt. I am not sure Michael is quite there yet, but we are definitely praying about it. It is such a scary path, but I know that there are SO many children out there in search of a home. I just pray that God will use us the best way needed.

So there you have it my friends. I hope you learned a little something about me that you didn't know.
So, here are my tags. (I hope these people even read my blog to know they are tagged!)
My sweet friend, Jenny, who surprised us all and is expecting a baby boy in March! Her Belly Blog will be sure to make you giggle. She is one of the funniest, most creative people I know.
Miss Pam on the run. I just can't wait to hear what she will come up with. What can I say? This girl just makes me laugh.
Our dear "Miss Rachel" She has been such a blessing to my children and I am so thankful they have her in their lives. We also are expecting number 3 together right around the same time!
Awesome Amanda over at One Sweet World. She is the best I know with keeping up with this whole blog thing, especially having 2 young ones close together of her own. I am hoping that Will and Lila work out, but if not, G is going to have to step it up and make some moves on Caroline!
I am adding my friend Allison! Go check out her site, as she is super creative and has lots of cute stuff on her etsy site.
I am not sure if anyone else actually reads my blog, so consider yourself tagged if you are reading this!

3 comments:

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said...

Congrats on being tagged! I am totally the same way with the remembering every details about something or nothing at all. And my mind is like a steel trap when it comes to birthday or names! lol

KellyRose said...

Allison, so happy to have found your blog! I am officialy tagging you on this too! :)

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said...

Oh thanks! Now I have to think up 6 things... this can take a while! lol And glad you found my blog! Finally caved in and decided to start one!

Just a glimspe...

I wish you all could see what I wake up to each morning. Every day is a
gift. Here is a glimpse of the little blessings we have been given.

Voting

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
We are The Harrell's. (AKA..TEAM HARRELL). We are loving (and still trying to figure out) this incredible journey of parenting. We don't want to miss a moment of it, so here are our "Happenings" to help document.

Visitors