Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Every old Crow

I have been debating about doing this post or not, but Yep,it's time folks. It is time for me to do a post I like to call "Every old crow thinks hers is the blackest." Yall know I don't REALLY think that, but this is my blog and I guess I am entitled to brag a little bit, right? You can make fun of me...it's ok!
In my Valentine's post I mentioned that I let Lila sign her own Valentine's for her class and that I was kicking myself for not taking a picture. Yes, some of them were illegible, but several of them were totally her name!
A few weeks before this, we were upstairs drawing on her chalkboard when I hear, "H...I made an H mommy." I look over and this is what I see.

I asked her if she just wrote that and to show me how she did it.

She proceeded to make "3 H's". I was impressed, but didn't think too much of it, other than I did go and grab the camera to take pictures! :)


Since then, Lila will be drawing on her easel or coloring on her paper and tell me she is going to write her name, or I will just find where she did. Many times she writes it and then proceeds to squiggle all over it. About 2 months ago(yes, I am behind on my posts) I hear her yelling about something. (I was in the kitchen and just thought she was playing in the living room.) I go in to see what all the fuss was about and this is what I found.

She was frustrated because her marker was going out, which is why you see 2 a's here. She kept trying to make it write. This is not the best I have seen, but is the only one I have been able to catch a photo of before she messes it up. I guess I was just impressed because it's not like I have been working with her on writing her name. The only time we did was the day we signed her Valentine cards.

I also LOVE to get notes sent home like this from school:

You can't see it here, but apparently Lila has been tracing her number pages often. I didn't think too much about it because she does this at home, but her teacher found it noteworthy, so I will take it!
I have no idea, so please tell me...is it time to start teaching a 2 1/2 year old to write? AAAHHH..that is a lot of pressure!

2 comments:

Jemsmom said...

She is doing GREAT!!!!!!! Developmentally she is not ready to write, but writing she is so just nurture it. I wouldn't push it at all, but just help her and encourage her. You can buy those books where they can trace the lines. We bought Jemma a leapster gadget which outlines the letters and you follow those lines, but I would just keep letting her do it. She has got it so I wouldn't push it at all. That is really awesome!

Anonymous said...

Wow mom! I think that little crow is pretty black too! lol As a teacher I know you have a smartie on your hands. ~Shannon M.

Just a glimspe...

I wish you all could see what I wake up to each morning. Every day is a
gift. Here is a glimpse of the little blessings we have been given.

Voting

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
We are The Harrell's. (AKA..TEAM HARRELL). We are loving (and still trying to figure out) this incredible journey of parenting. We don't want to miss a moment of it, so here are our "Happenings" to help document.

Visitors