

Oh, how I LOVE the Easter season! We went from having cold, rainy, dreary weather, to an absolutely beautiful week. In order to celebrate, we have been reading bible stories and talking about what Easter really means this season. I don't think Lila quite understands the dying on the cross and rising again part. Although, she did say while reading a book that only had 1 cross on the hill, "Where are the other 2 crosses?" Maybe she is getting it??
Easter is one of my all time favorite holidays and this year was wonderful! I love a gorgeous sun-shiny day on Easter, and I couldn't have asked for a better one this year. I do not like cold, rainy, gloomy ones.
Michael has laughed at me often the past few weeks because I randomly have been bursting out with "He's Alive! He's Alive! He's alive and I'm forgiven, heaven's gates are open wide!" He even played it for me on my ipod while getting ready to color Easter eggs.
To start our weekend off, we had a Good Friday Playdate/Egg hunt at the house. Once again, I get too busy running around that I don't take the best pictures. It was a another beautiful day and I think all the kids had a grand time jumping/riding/dancing/ and egg hunting.

We have been so fortunate for Lila and Graham to meet some sweet sweet friends, who she talks about all the time! Even more so,I have been so fortunate to meet some wonderful girlfriends and moms who keep me grounded, give great advice, and love my kids. I am hoping to hang out and visit with them more and more this summer.
I love all these kids and each of their distinct personalities!
Here are some shots from our fun day:
I don't have a picture, but I am sure that Caroline won the prize for fastest egg hunter, and Graham and Little B were the kings of picking them up and dumping them out. ( I guess that is what 18 months old are suppose to do.)
I think everyone ended up with a pretty good candy stash.

Here is a shot of our yummy spread. A small portion of our meal included butterfly and bunny shaped sandwiches thanks to our amazing neighbor, a yummy meal made by Mrs. A, and these adorable and DEE LICIOUS cupcakes by Mama Brown, who always goes above and beyond. Oh, and I can't forget the egg-shaped jello thanks to AJ!

Unlike my own daughter, E would stop and pose for the camera! That is my kind of girl.

I can only imagine the hearts these two are going to break one day.

Lila helping Will with his Easter Eggs. I think they have a mini crush on each other!

Out of all the egg hunts we had this week, this is the only one G participated in. I am glad I took a few pictures because he didn't want any part of it the other days.



And here is Lila working hard for her eggs.


2 comments:
Looks like so much fun and what a spread! I can't believe how big Lila looks all of a sudden. And you were so worried she wouldn't have hair!!!
Looks like you all had a wonderful time, I love Easter as well and it was perfect weather this year. I think your pictures turned out just fine, I mean no one is crying in them!
Post a Comment