Monday, July 26, 2010

The Journey Begins....

Our church's VBS was this week! This actually makes Lila's 2nd Bible school that she has attended this summer. Even last year, at age 2, she absolutely loved it! I knew that this year she would REALLY be all about it since she got to be in the "big kid" hall!
Lila's first VBS was the week after I had little g. My precious neighbor took her to their "Saddle Ridge Ranch" themed VBS. Lila LOVED getting to ride with the H's. everyday and also got to see some sweet other friends, The Browns. They did super fun things afterwards like lunch at Mickey D's and Ice Cream at Baskin Robbins!! Honestly, I missed her so much, but she had SUCH a great time and I was very thankful for the break, considering it was my first week home with # 3.

Sooo, by the time our church's VBS rolled around, she was a pro. Graham on the other hand, was not as quite excited. He did have a great time, but by the end of the week, he was OVER IT! He finally had enough on Friday and hung out with me in the baby room. I will be honest, although I got to be with my own baby, I wasn't too excited about being in the baby room. I am not one of those that can just sit and rock...at least I didn't think so. That is until I had this precious room of sweet snuggly ones! The first 2 days I was a little anxious and needed to be up moving around. I thought if the kids were awake I should be entertaining them. I mean, they should go home singing Jesus Loves Me and My God is so Big, too, right? I finally settled down and loved on some of the most beautiful, sweetest, little things ever, including my own! He was the most handsome if I do say so myself! :)
Favorite Team Day:
Who better than TEAM HARRELL!

Crazy Day:


On Sunday after the week was over, the kids did a little performance of their songs from VBS.

Notice, Lila couldn't take her eyes off of handome Mr. WP.

She finally batted her eyelashes enough, (behind her sunglasses) to persuade him to move down next to her.

Afterwards, the kids enjoyed a yummy ice cream social!

Thanks TSC for another wonderful year of teaching our kids about God's word.
L wants to wear her shirt EVERYDAY and both her and G have memorized the entire CD. It is the only thing we listen to in the car and I will never again hear the words to a current top 40 single.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love those cute kiddos!
Amanda Pilkinton

Jemsmom said...

So sweet! Jemma would have batted her eyes, grabbed him, gave him a big hug, forced him to sit by her by holding his hand. Then she would have probably tried to go in for a smooch. We are trying to reign her in and I am preparing her room for lock up!

Just a glimspe...

I wish you all could see what I wake up to each morning. Every day is a
gift. Here is a glimpse of the little blessings we have been given.

Voting

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
We are The Harrell's. (AKA..TEAM HARRELL). We are loving (and still trying to figure out) this incredible journey of parenting. We don't want to miss a moment of it, so here are our "Happenings" to help document.

Visitors