Ok, back on track!
I get these big ideas in my head...REALLY BIG! Sometimes I forget that my 3,2, and 4 month old are well..3,2, and 4 months.
We had a great visit to Atlanta this week. Michael had a work conference, and we got to visit my sister. That is all in another post. Needless to say...I pushed the kids to the max. No naps and late late late bedtime and early rise and shine time.
SOOOO....of course I thought it would be a great idea to travel out of our way to visit a state park and go hiking. It was a gorgeous Fall day afterall!
After arriving WAY past lunch time and well into naptime, we decided to picnic and go for "a little short hike."
1 hour and 45 minutes later, we were back.
I was hoping that our hike would be something like this...ALL SMILES!


Instead it was more like this:

AND THIS:


Thank goodness for this precious one. He was the happiest camper of them all!


Lila did manage to squeeze out a little smile after her head bump. I will totally give her credit, because even after about 6 falls, she was a trooper!! She is going to be our little hiker...one day!

Did I mention that Graham did THIS the whole time:

No wonder the smallest child we saw on the hike was Lila's size and in a hiking back pack.
No wonder every person that passed us had a hiking stick and just shook their head and made comments like, "Oh my, you have your hands full." and "You sure are brave." No people, that would just be DUMB! Plain ole' DUMB!
Michael finally sweetly suggested that we should probably just turn around after a boy scout leader told us we had about another 45 minutes of switchbacks uphill before we got to the outer loop.
Honestly, it is too exhausting to go into the all the details. What I remember from this trip is lots of screaming and crying and a large pump knot and a scratched face!
Of course...all I am thinking is:
When are we going back!
4 comments:
hahaha! Sounds and looked like a fabulous time! Quite an adventure!
But what a great family time of making memories...even the crying memories. One day you'll miss these days, but will be able to look back and laugh at all the tears dropped along the trail. Not dumb, not dumb at all. This from a Mama who would do the EXACT same thing! Haha!
This is sounding so much like me and our family, it makes me laugh!
Probably not the funniest time at the moment but will be looked back on one day with lots of love and laughter. One day in the future. I didn't even say near future!!! Bless you... to go for it with all three. You are the trooper!
Post a Comment