For the past year, Sister has asked for a slumber party. She has gone to several this year for birthday party's, and each time my heart hurts for Big G a little. He always asks why he can't go and wants to know when he can have a sleepover. Out of the blue, Lila askes when her friends were coming over for Valentine's Day. When I asked her what she meant, she said, "We always have friends over for Valentine's Day." Now that her friends are in school and daytime playdates with all the kids are harder to do, I decided that this would be a fun time to do her sleepover. She chose a few girlfriends, who have all spent the night together before, so I knew it was a good mix. NEXT, she looked at Graham and said, " Who are you going to invite?" UH-OH! I thought. However, I decided that he could invite the brothers of one of the girls. This group of friends have been spent the night together several times so it wasn't their first rodeo. Although I almost got a little excited and invited the whole world, I decided I better not interfere with a good mix. This just means I will have to have other sleepovers to invite everyone else they had on their lists.
I went easy with pizza for dinner, but I had to add in the heartshaped jello. :) Most of the girls could have cared less, but E and L had multiple servings. I also found these really cute heart-shaped chocolate covered pretzels. I went fancy and made the cupcakes out of the box and used the sprinkles from the can. BUT, they were a hit and the kids went on and on about how good they were. Also on the menu was chocolate covered strawberries and of course, heart shaped ice. The girls wanted me to take it out and just give them regular water. Heart shaped Kool-aide ice=FAIL! How my heart hurt!


I had the boys serve the girls. It didn't quite go as envisioned in my head, but sweet none the less.



I seriously can't believe they all went to sleep after the amounts of sweets they consumed.
I guess the dance party helped shake some of it out of them. Let me tell you, these kids got moves. My ipod has quite the ancient songs on it, so I was downloading request like crazy.
Eliza sang her heart out to Taylor Swift.

The rest of the girls belted out one awesome performance to Call Me Maybe.


BUT the hit song of the night went to Gangham Style. The dance awards for that song went to Eliza and Oliver. Boy do they have some moves!


These two loves birds were just adorable:


I think there may a future....
One of my favorites. The gorgeous brown eyed girls dancing to Brown Eyed Girl:

Crazy mustache boys:

Big G:

This captures the mood for the evening:

Even GT got in on the love! The girls were crazy about him!



After the Dance Party, it was teeth brushing and pajama time. They all curled up on the couch to watch a movie. Cutest thing I've ever seen:

Lights out by 10, and eyes closed shortly after!

What a fun night! I'm ready to do it again! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment