
Friday night I attended a wedding with a group of girls, while Michael took Lila to watch his alma mater, ETSU, play Lipscomb in baseball. I wish I had a picture of that. He said she did great! Apparently so, because they did not get home until almost 10!! AAHH! This normally would not have been too big of a deal since it was on a Friday, but we had to wake her up for the marathon the next morning. I am glad they had fun though! However, Michael was bummed that he didn't get his hat. So, if by chance R.C. if you ever read this, PLEASE put the hat in the mail. :)
Saturday was an early morning. Michael turned the BIG 3-1!! 31 sounds so much older than just 30. Michael wanted to get up and go to the Pancake Pantry, but when it came down to it, sleep was a little more important. (please note: I did make a large breakfast with Pancakes for him on Sunday after church. Technically, it was still his birthday weekend.) I am so proud of all the people that ran the 1/2 and full marathon. We have really enjoyed going down the past 3 years to watch. I AM NOT a morning person, but once you are there you can't help but get in the spirit. We really like to try and make as many stops as we can to see people. However, this really only works if you are just watching one person and they run a steady pace. The first year we cheered on our girl Kris when she did the full marathon. We stopped 14 times to see her. It was so much fun! This year, we only watched the half and just made 2 stops so that we could see multiple friends running. I can't believe I am posting this for the whole world to see, but I am so there next year. Baby #2 in October, 1/2 marathon in April. There I said it, now you have to hold me to it. Even though Lila was exhausted, she had a great time. She was the best cheerleader!

Here is that face again: "What are you doing and will you please step away from me?"

RUN KRIS RUN! Even though Kris stopped to say hey for a minute, it didn't slow her down. She has now had a her best 1/2 time and best Full time in Nashville. She is the amazing marathon woman!

I will have to say that even though Lila was a great cheerleader I do believe she actually slowed some people down. It was amazing how many runners came over to see her or stopped to say hi to her. I do think she helped to brighten their spirits. How could she not? Just look at her!

Now I know for most people you don't understand why this picture is considered "blog worthy." Well, let me tell you. This girl is a sleep fighter. If there are people around or things to see, there is no going to sleep for her. She was fighting sleep the whole time we were out. FINALLY, right before we got to the car (when there weren't many people around) she finally gave in and conked out. I had to snap a picture because I am not sure this has happened before or if it will ever happen again!

Saturday night dinner at Cabana's for Michael's Birthday. Yummy Banana Pudding!

On Sunday afternoon (one more day of no napping) we attended a friends 1st birthday. Birthday girl got this Princess bat and ball. Michael and 1st birthday girls daddy played baseball together in High School. Anyway, Lila went straight for the bat. Daddy was so proud! Can't you hear him now saying, "Thata girl."

No comments:
Post a Comment