Praise the Lord, let the earth hear his voice. Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord, let the people rejoice! This hymn has been sung loud and clear through our house and car after the past 2 days.
I feel like I have spent the past 2 days at several different Dr. offices. However, after the news we have received, it has been well worth it. Yesterday, we went to MFG to have an echo done on baby boy. I was assuming, but not sure, that the reason we were doing this was just precautionary due to our history with Lila. Thankfully, that was the case and more importantly, Baby boys heart looked GREAT!! Of course, if he happens to have a very small hole, they cannot detect it now nor can they detect if later in life he would develop some type of stenosis. They seem to think that everything looks great and as always, it was fun to get another peak at our little guy.
I can honestly say that sometimes I totally forget that Lila has a small hole in her heart. We think she is just perfect. And she is. We feel especially blessed after being in that hospital today and seeing really really sick children in and out of there. It made Michael and I realize what a wonderful blessing our little girl is. Today, we spent our afternoon with Lila's cardiologist at Vanderbilt. She did great! That is until..... she saw a stethoscope. I think we may invest in purchasing a Doctor's kit for Lila to play with. She totally lost it as soon as they even thought about getting near her with it. Unfortunately, she needs to be very quiet and still so they can actually listen to her heart. We were able to settle her down while the assistant listened, but the Dr. only heard about a total of 4 seconds. Lovely. He did say he THINKS that the hole is probably even smaller than the last time he saw her and that he still hopes the hole closes on its on. The great news is she can carry on as normal and it should not affect her in anyway...sports, learning, etc. He did say she was "The perfect little Gerber baby" (AAWW!)...but then he added, "With an attitude" (BOO!). I just like to say that she is no dummy and is WAY too smart for these mean ole doctors. I will say I will be praying that when we seem him in a year, that she will not scream when they touch her. She wasn't crazy about the EKG either, but the nurses were great and entertained her enough to calm her down to get a good reading, which looked wonderful! One more breakthrough...we went up and down 2 different elevators 4 times and she did not TOTALLY panic. YEAH! She started to freak out a little bit, but controlled herself. This is good. We are making progress.
Now, I am just waiting on my diabetes test. Please lord, let me be fine. I did talk to my Dr. about my weight gain. I am actually the one who brought it up to her. She is fine with it, but I did gain 6 pounds in between these 2 visits. She said that where I am now is fine, but I can't keep gaining 6 pounds every 4 weeks...so I have to cut out the multiple sweets everyday. Thinking that I shouldn't have them makes it even more difficult. I was telling myself all day that I had to be good. What do I do? Literally, as soon as I walk in the door, I eat about 3 oreos and later that night had my very yummy chocolate chip ice cream sandwhich. I am so bad, I know!
I feel like I have spent the past 2 days at several different Dr. offices. However, after the news we have received, it has been well worth it. Yesterday, we went to MFG to have an echo done on baby boy. I was assuming, but not sure, that the reason we were doing this was just precautionary due to our history with Lila. Thankfully, that was the case and more importantly, Baby boys heart looked GREAT!! Of course, if he happens to have a very small hole, they cannot detect it now nor can they detect if later in life he would develop some type of stenosis. They seem to think that everything looks great and as always, it was fun to get another peak at our little guy.
I can honestly say that sometimes I totally forget that Lila has a small hole in her heart. We think she is just perfect. And she is. We feel especially blessed after being in that hospital today and seeing really really sick children in and out of there. It made Michael and I realize what a wonderful blessing our little girl is. Today, we spent our afternoon with Lila's cardiologist at Vanderbilt. She did great! That is until..... she saw a stethoscope. I think we may invest in purchasing a Doctor's kit for Lila to play with. She totally lost it as soon as they even thought about getting near her with it. Unfortunately, she needs to be very quiet and still so they can actually listen to her heart. We were able to settle her down while the assistant listened, but the Dr. only heard about a total of 4 seconds. Lovely. He did say he THINKS that the hole is probably even smaller than the last time he saw her and that he still hopes the hole closes on its on. The great news is she can carry on as normal and it should not affect her in anyway...sports, learning, etc. He did say she was "The perfect little Gerber baby" (AAWW!)...but then he added, "With an attitude" (BOO!). I just like to say that she is no dummy and is WAY too smart for these mean ole doctors. I will say I will be praying that when we seem him in a year, that she will not scream when they touch her. She wasn't crazy about the EKG either, but the nurses were great and entertained her enough to calm her down to get a good reading, which looked wonderful! One more breakthrough...we went up and down 2 different elevators 4 times and she did not TOTALLY panic. YEAH! She started to freak out a little bit, but controlled herself. This is good. We are making progress.
Now, I am just waiting on my diabetes test. Please lord, let me be fine. I did talk to my Dr. about my weight gain. I am actually the one who brought it up to her. She is fine with it, but I did gain 6 pounds in between these 2 visits. She said that where I am now is fine, but I can't keep gaining 6 pounds every 4 weeks...so I have to cut out the multiple sweets everyday. Thinking that I shouldn't have them makes it even more difficult. I was telling myself all day that I had to be good. What do I do? Literally, as soon as I walk in the door, I eat about 3 oreos and later that night had my very yummy chocolate chip ice cream sandwhich. I am so bad, I know!

No comments:
Post a Comment