Thursday, September 11, 2008

It grows on trees, right?

Money that is. Oh my! I forgot how expensive all this baby stuff is. Plus, I have realized just how blessed and spoiled we were with baby #1 and all the showers. I must be totally getting into my nesting phase because today I spent the moolah! I mean...I even bought Dreft. :) I used it with Lila at the beginning before wising up and switching to the All Free and Clear. But there is something about bringing a new baby into the house that makes me want to wash his clothes/towels/blankets in the expensive stuff. I went a little overboard today and even bought a Halloween outfit for him. I know it is going to swallow him whole, so I will have to keep my eye out for just a cute little onsie and hat. I am still trying to find the perfect coming home outfit. I didn't have this problem with Lila because she wore my coming home outfit. Anyway, I wasn't totally frivilous. I did purchase items for me to take to the hospital, which means I need to get on this packing my bag thing. I am getting there, I promise. My nightgowns are in the wash as I type now...in Dreft of course. Who knows what I will wear home though. I have a feeling I will still be huge. What I did not mention in my last post about going to the Dr. is that I gained 5 POUNDS IN 2 WEEKS!! Holy camoly. What have I been doing? Oh yeah, eating a bowl of mint chocolate chip everynight. Or is it the bananna pudding, or the milkshakes, or the homemade cookies? Oh, I know...it is the peanut butter chocolate pie from Maggiano's....mmmmmm. I am getting hungry just thinking about it. Anyway, the point of this post is to say that although my house is still not put back together, I have purchased many of the items on my list, so I am starting to feel much better. However, we still do not have a name....

No comments:

Just a glimspe...

I wish you all could see what I wake up to each morning. Every day is a
gift. Here is a glimpse of the little blessings we have been given.

Voting

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
We are The Harrell's. (AKA..TEAM HARRELL). We are loving (and still trying to figure out) this incredible journey of parenting. We don't want to miss a moment of it, so here are our "Happenings" to help document.

Visitors