One year ago, I was driving home from a friends house where we had gathered to stuff wedding invitations for her. My mind is always wandering and I started thinking about the miscarriage I had just had over Christmas. I also started thinking that it should be close for me to start my cycle again. Then it hit me. I could be pregnant, I thought. NAH..no way. That is not enough time for my body to recover from the miscarriage. My levels had just finally dropped all the way back down on New Years, so surely not. But then again, I have always had short cycles, so maybe??? I remembered that I had one test at the house and I thought that I would just take it and see. Every other time we have found out we were pregnant, Michael was there with me waiting. This time I just decided I would take it on my own because I thought he would think I was crazy. I ran in the door and he was on the couch watching TV. I said "Hey" as I threw my stuff down and ran to the bathroom and grabbed the test out from under the cabinet. I really thought that the test would be negative. Even if I was pregnant, I thought it would be too early to tell.
Lo and Behold...I saw that little positive sign instantly! I decided not to tell Michael right away. I waited until later. You really don't want the details, so I won't give them. I will say that Michael did not believe me at first...I TOLD YOU.
Anyway, the point of this post is to say that when I sit here and look at my sweet little boy, I would have never imagined one year ago that I would be holding him in my arms and the would have changed our lives the way he has. Life is full of such sweet surprises and God is so good...all the time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just a glimspe...
I wish you all could see what I wake up to each morning. Every day is a
gift. Here is a glimpse of the little blessings we have been given.
Voting
Blog Archive
About Me
- KellyRose
- We are The Harrell's. (AKA..TEAM HARRELL). We are loving (and still trying to figure out) this incredible journey of parenting. We don't want to miss a moment of it, so here are our "Happenings" to help document.
No comments:
Post a Comment