
May 17 marked 6 years of wedded bliss (ok, it hasn't ALL been blissful, but pretty close) I have spent with my beloved. I feel as though I am at the point now to where I don't remember life before Michael. Yes, things certainly have changed since the days we hopped on a plane or in the car and just went.
Such as this night on our 1st wedding anniversary standing on the cliffs of the pacific! What I trip. It is still one of my favorites. San Fran, Napa Valley, and Yosemite.

Our second anniversary was planned by Michael. We left Nashville and went straight to the home of the KING! Michael is a big Elvis fan, and I will admit, I had no desire to visit this place. However, I ended up being the one who was very interested in Graceland. (On a side note: the older folks who come to visit are SERIOUS about their Elvis. Don't put it past them to throw an elbow here and there just to make sure they don't miss out on anything. Sheesh.)
We spent an amazing weekend at The Peabody hotel. We watched the ducks do their famous walk. I have never seen such a crowd over ducks. And you better believe I was right up there in the action. :)
Notice I am holding Michael's ring in this picture. That is because I had just pretend proposed to him with this ring. He had lost it 8 months prior to this date at the UT/Florida game. We had yet to replace it until I found one exactly like his original. It just so happened that the waiter walked up to our table to hand me my steak knife right as the words were coming out of my mouth and I was opening the box. (I thought I had chosen the appropriate time because we had our drinks and had placed our order. I didn't know I was getting a super fancy knife for my steak that they would be bringing ahead of time.) Anyway, it was just a funny little story. He walked away quickly and then when he came back he couldn't stand it anymore and had to ask if I just proposed.
On our 3rd anniversary, we spent a great weekend in St. Louis. We went to a Cards game and did all the touristy things. Here we are between the Arch. By the way..do not go up in that thing if you are claustrophobic.

Here we are on our 4th anniversary enjoying dinner at Maggiano's. I was about to POP with baby Lila. Several weeks prior to this we enjoyed a baby Moon in San Diego that we kind of counted as our anniversary trip.

Last year, we were in Atlanta finding out I was carrying a baby BOY at the Braves game!

This year we went to the local Rodeo (with the kids) and just hung out helping friends move and being at home for the weekend.



Honestly, we had a sitter lined up for Saturday night and were just too lazy to go out. We had a fun work function to attend at the Schermerhorn hall on Tuesday, so we spent that as our night out. See...I told you things have changed!
One other thing that I am adamant on doing on our anniversary is putting on my wedding dress and dancing to our first dance song. I also like to play Canon in D on the piano. :) Michael is going to kill me for spilling the beans on that one.
I haven't been able to put on my wedding dress the past 2 years because I have been pregnant, so I was anxious to see if it fit this year. Here I am over the years.
(For some reason I can't find year 1 in my pictures.)
Year 2:
Year 3:
Year 6:

But no matter what we do, I just enjoy spending quality time with my Groom!
Happy Anniversary Michael! I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment