Friday, February 5, 2010

It's A......


we don't know yet! The results are in an envelope in my car, but we don't plan to open it. We just wanted to have a "gender" picture for this baby since both Lila and Graham have one.
You will see above the 3D picture of the baby. Notice how skinny it's little face is. They told me this is typical at this age and the next time we go back, the face should be more filled out. It still amazes me everytime I see one of these. The baby has it's little fist up around the mouth here.
We had a big ultrasound and everything went well. This one is a wiggle worm. Kathy, our technician just had to stop and laugh because she could not capture hardly anything. One second the baby's bum was down on my right side and two seconds later it was up on my left side. We weren't able to capture any really good profile pictures, so I was sad about that, but we did see those precious little feet moving around everywhere.



We do have to go back and see a specialist. She just couldn't get good pictures of the heart and with Lila's background they just want to double check everything. I have a peace about it, but it is still a little worrisome. At least we will get to see our little one again and hopefully get some really good pictures.
Although at first we both thought girl, I am going out on a limb and guessing we are having a boy. I don't really know why, but Michael and I are both kind of feeling boy. Several people have guessed boy, including JC, who is known to be a pretty accurate baby guesser! :) After he told me, I thought to myself: I feel like I just found out what we are having!
I won't lie and say that there aren't times I haven't still thought girl. A few things that make me think this is how active the baby is. In my experience, Lila was super active and Graham wasn't. I am also carrying kind of the same as I did with Lila when I go back and look at pictures. I do know this, I look way worse than I did 3 years ago! I think it has a little something with being really tired! :) Who knows?!?! This is one thing we don't get to choose and I love that. It is all up to GOD and that is so awesome. Lila says she wants a baby sister, but she sure does love her baby brother so she will be fine either way. Graham is the one I am a little worried about. He is so spoiled I am worried about how he will do.
The baby weighed 12 oz and has been measuring a week ahead since about 16 weeks. That makes me a little nervous about having another big baby. I also gained 9 pounds in 3 weeks!! YIKES! Can I blame it on my birthday week? I really have been eating way too much, including lots o' sweets!
I am so excited about adding number 3 to our little family! Family of Five already...WOW! I am not going to lie and say I don't have my days that I am not worried about how we are going to handle it all. Some days I feel as though I am not doing a good job with the two I have, so I start freaking out. If a day goes by that I feel like I did not play with them or teach them something or read to them then I have failed and unfortunately I have had a lot of days like that lately. This parenting thing sure is hard!
We will survive!!!

1 comment:

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said...

When I first saw this on my dashboard I said to myself "I thought they weren't finding out!" lol But You guys will do great with baby #3! At times it may be rough but I know it will be fabulous!

Just a glimspe...

I wish you all could see what I wake up to each morning. Every day is a
gift. Here is a glimpse of the little blessings we have been given.

Voting

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
We are The Harrell's. (AKA..TEAM HARRELL). We are loving (and still trying to figure out) this incredible journey of parenting. We don't want to miss a moment of it, so here are our "Happenings" to help document.

Visitors