Thursday, January 24, 2013
100 Days Smarter
Lila comes home most days saying that she is _____ days smarter! So, when I received the email stating that we were to create a t-shirt using 100 items, I did a quick Pinterest search, but only came up with the same thing over and over.
I took a minute to think about Lila and what her interests are. I quickly remembered her saying about being smarter each day. So, what did I come up with...SMARTIES! My original thought was to spell out 100 days smarter with the individual smarties, but we actually needed more that 100 to be able to read it. Lila suggested we pin the whole bag on the shirt. I was fine with it, but I knew it was going to be REALLY heavy and I was concerned she wouldn't wear it (or it would tear.) I was so excited about this project and even a little giddy. That all lasted until about number 18 smartie and then I was over it. HA! It really wasn't too bad once I quit being so picky about the exact placement and just put them on there. The bags of smarties took up the whole shirt. It was very heavy, but Lila's teacher said that she wore the shirt the whole day, even during rest time for a bit! HA! For the 100th day she also had to take in a collection of 100 items and cut and paste 100 words out of a magazine. For her collection she chose to take her "Sheshells." This makes me happy because this girl LOVES the beach. I'm so thankful for Lila's school and for how much she loves it. She is doing great and I couldn't be more proud!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just a glimspe...
I wish you all could see what I wake up to each morning. Every day is a
gift. Here is a glimpse of the little blessings we have been given.
Voting
Blog Archive
About Me
- KellyRose
- We are The Harrell's. (AKA..TEAM HARRELL). We are loving (and still trying to figure out) this incredible journey of parenting. We don't want to miss a moment of it, so here are our "Happenings" to help document.
No comments:
Post a Comment