6 years!! 1st Grade! That just sounds like such a BIG girl! Although Sister is very mature for all of her 6 years, I still think of her as like a 3 year old. (Maybe because if I would let her, she can still wear 3T) I did finally make myself this spring clean out all things that were a size 3 just for the fact that she is now 6. Lots of fun things happen when you are six...she gets to move to "Children's Church" on Sunday mornings and she will be in the other building during VBS.
I will admit, I tend to go overboard on birthdays and holidays. I have been trying to scale it down,but honestly, I love it and I love to spoil others! I had planned Lila's party for the Saturday before, so I hadn't given much thought to her actual day. It all kind of came last minute, but we didn't stop all day and I think she Loved it!
I took the balloons from her party and taped them to her door so that she would be surprised when she woke up. She actually slept in so we were anxiously waiting for her to wake up.
Wake up Birthday Girl!



In the past I have made them cinnamon rolls shaped in the number they are turning. This year, without mentioning the cinnamon rolls, I asked Lila what her request for breakfast was. YAY! So happy she chose them!
I also decorated our chalkboard and Big G made a card for her that we set out.








After they made up some games and played with the balloons, we had lunch and got ready for a afternoon out.
I hired a sitter for the boys, so that sis and I could spend some one on one time together.
Daddy got to meet us at Toys R Us, and As I pulled in, I remembered that they announce the birthday child's name over the speaker and give them a crown to wear around.
She got a couple of new baby dolls for her birthday. When my sister asked her what she wanted for a gift, her reply after thinking for a moment was, " Well, what would probably be a good idea are some pants for my baby doll. Because one them doesn't even have any PANTS!" Well, that solved that. I told her she could go and pick out some new clothes for her baby doll. Daddy was just heading out to lunch when I told him where we were going, so he only got to stay a minute, but let me tell you....that made this girls day!! She LOVED having him there with us. I might as well have had the little boys there with me, because they played tag and hide n go seek all over that store!


Next Stop: Sweet CeCe's! My plan was to take her to the Honey's Candy place in Downtown Franklin, but they are closed on Mondays. Boo. We will have to try that again sometime. This girl loves her some ice cream! Her choice...Cake Batter, Nerds, Sprinkles, Gummy Worms, and marshmallows!! I held in my strong desire to say no. I clinched my jaws, held my breath, and left her put it up on that scale to be weighed. (Let's just hope we have a good report at the dentist this week! :) )










Stop # 3: Divas and Dudes for her first big girl pedicure! I'm pretty sure she was coming down from a sugar high and was about to crash.
She chose pink toes and a yellow flower on her big toes.


This girl, REALLY REALLY wanted to go swimming. I, on the other hand, was nervous that the water would be freezing. It had rained the day before and it was only 75 out. She also wanted to go to Chuck E Cheeses. I told her we could only do one or the other. She chose the pool. So, we raced home to get the boys and off we went. It WAS freezing, but there wasn't any complaining from them. They had a ball, and I was totally stressed out! I either need them all in life jackets or all to be really really good swimmers. Who am I kidding? I wouldn't relax then either. Anyway, they had an awesome time.
I however, even after reminding myself 1200 times to not forget to take her picture at 4:51 knowing we would be at the pool, totally forgot. I blame it on the fact that I was trying to wrangle 4 kids in a gross public pool bathroom. I'm pretty sure she was probably pottying at that exact time. Big momma fail, but I did end up taking it at 6:51 while we were at Cracker Barrell. My other mommy fail was that I thought I was videoing the Cracker Barrell workers singing to her, but it wasn't recording.



We came home with full bellies and played outside catching lightning bugs until dark. It was a super fun nonstop day for my precious little one. I absolutely love being this little girls momma! She is so smart, funny, creative, imaginative, thoughtful, loving, and beautiful!
I will admit, I had a conversation with Michael concerned that we are raising ungrateful children. Lila is shy and a little insecure around strangers. Not always, but sometimes I had to remind her to say Thank You whenever someone wished her Happy Birthday. I want all of my children to have an appreciative heart. I want them to be thankful for all that they have and are given. I want her to understand that people spent a lot of time and effort doing nice things for her. I.E. Picking out and making nice gifts for her. Not that I was out looking for her to thank me for her day out, (I am her mother and I want to do nice things for her), but I DO want her to be appreciative when others do nice things. My 2 year old is constantly saying thank you, and I want all my children to do the same.
So after expressing my concern to Michael, I woke up to find THIS:
All by herself. Totally unprompted! Thank you Jesus for this sweet sweet girl!

No comments:
Post a Comment