Monday, January 19, 2009

It's My Birthday!!

Normally, I am all about some birthday celebrations. This year, I was perfectly content on keeping things quite. I feel like now I am for real IN my 30's and after all the hoolpa from last year's Big 3-0, I felt there was no need for a big hoorah. My parents did come down to visit/babysit for the weekend. Thanks to them, we got to have a date night and ate some yummy food. We also went to see Slumdog Millionaire. And thanks to SM, for a brief period of time I thought it was going to be about a rapper and prostitutes. :) That is NOT what is is about. Actually, it was a great movie and everyone clapped after it was over. I wanted to do a little more shopping around Green Hills, but thanks to my toe surgery and my choice of boots that I wore, I could barely make it into the theater. With all that being said, we had a wonderful night spending some good QT together and some yummy cheesecake after we got home.(On a side note: the only table in the restuarant that had a child at the table happened to be right next to us with a screaming 3 year old. :) Oh well.. what do you do? )
Today was very quite and layed back. After Kindermusik, the moms were so nice to join me for lunch. Little did they know I would be asking them to buy my lunch because my check card was/is MIA. How embarrassing is that?!?! I ask them to lunch, only to tell them that if I am staying one of them has to treat me. Unfortunately, this is not the first time this has happened to me. I think I was more mortified when it happened with a client. Yeah..the whole I need to be more organized and less scatterbrained this year isn't working out too well for me yet. :)
After lunch, the kids took a nap and we just hung out. So yeah..super layed back and relaxing!
I did get Michael to attempt to take some snapshots of me with the little ones on my birthday. They aren't great, but that is ok.


Oh, and I think one of my favorite things on my birthday this year is the 100 FB messages I received. I felt SO loved! Happy 31 to me!

No comments:

Just a glimspe...

I wish you all could see what I wake up to each morning. Every day is a
gift. Here is a glimpse of the little blessings we have been given.

Voting

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
We are The Harrell's. (AKA..TEAM HARRELL). We are loving (and still trying to figure out) this incredible journey of parenting. We don't want to miss a moment of it, so here are our "Happenings" to help document.

Visitors