Friday, April 25, 2014

School Bus

So, I did it! I let her ride the bus! She has been begging for forever but I have never even thought about actually letting her. For Graham's Sneak a peak at Bethesda they got to take a little bus ride, and what would you know….we got to ride bus 71 and had sweet Ms. Kay as our bus driver. After meeting her it at least made me considerate it. Not to mention all the other moms in the neighborhood peer pressuring me. Our neighborhood is actually like its own little community and they all ride the bus and all seem to be really great kids. (I have visions of all the bad things that happen on a school bus). Sister also got ride the school bus for her field trip to Gentry's farm on wednesday. After that she was begging to ride the bus. Well, on Friday, we were having people over to cookout for Michael's birthday. Plus poor Griffin gets woken up everyday to go pick up his siblings. He had not been feeling the best so I decided to let her ride and let him sleep. I was a nervous nelly and so anxious to walk down and get her off the bus. Here she is!!
I should mote that Graham keeps telling me he is going to "ride that bus!" He even said he was going to wake up early and hop on that bus next year and I wouldn't even know it! What is so funny about that is I remember being in kindergarten or first grade and I woke up at like 5 in the morning and got myself dressed and waited on my front porch because I wanted to ride the bus. My mom woke up and found me and asked what I was doing. She quickly said, "NO WAY!" I think things are a lot different now and at least the kindergartners and first graders have to sit up front. This will definitely not be a regular thing, but I may pick a day or so every now and then to let her. Luckily, there are some super sweet little girls in our neighborhood that she sat with. When I asked what they did, she told me they read their books!! HAHA!

No comments:

Just a glimspe...

I wish you all could see what I wake up to each morning. Every day is a
gift. Here is a glimpse of the little blessings we have been given.

Voting

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
We are The Harrell's. (AKA..TEAM HARRELL). We are loving (and still trying to figure out) this incredible journey of parenting. We don't want to miss a moment of it, so here are our "Happenings" to help document.

Visitors