Monday, July 28, 2008
Just 10 more weeks?
Am I seriously already 30 weeks pregnant?!? I cannot believe it! Thankfully, I still feel really good and have been blessed to have such great pregnancies. I will say that I am starting to worry about so many different things. Sometimes I wonder if we really know what we are getting ourselves into. I mean, how am I going to take care of a baby while chasing a 16 month old? What am I suppose to do with Lila while I am trying to nurse? Is Lila going to feel neglected? This whole "I only want daddy" thing really has me bothered. I am so glad that Michael is an amazing dad and that Lila loves him dearly, but I am also thinking that I have such a short amount of time with just her before baby boy arrives. I want our time together to be really special and for us to spend a lot of quality time together before then. It is hard for me to think that it will never be just the 3 of us again. Although it is exciting to think about adding another, at the same time I worry if I have enough love to go around. I already worry that Lila doesn't know just how much I love her. Heck, I worry that my dog doesn't know how much I love her. Even with my friends and family, I have always felt that I don't spend enough time with them, or show people just how much I care about them. It is 10 x's more difficult when it is your own child. I know I will love this baby boy so much, but I never want Lila to doubt my love for her either. I already feel like this pregnancy as gone too fast and that I haven't done for him what I did for Lila and so that makes me feel guilty. I am afraid I will be really sad when it is over...it's like I haven't concentrated on him, talked and sang to him, or read to him like I did with her. I mean, the poor kid doesn't have 1 single item of clothing to wear when he comes out. I could dress a village with Lila's clothes. I know that everything will be fine, and that I should just be thankful that I can even get pregnant and have a family. There are so many people out there longing to have that, and I just have to remember that God chose us to raise these children and that they are his. All I can do it trust him and pray that we will be the best parents we can be. With that being said, I am getting really excited to meet this little guy! I know our world is about to be turned upside down, but I can't wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just a glimspe...
I wish you all could see what I wake up to each morning. Every day is a
gift. Here is a glimpse of the little blessings we have been given.
Voting
Blog Archive
About Me
- KellyRose
- We are The Harrell's. (AKA..TEAM HARRELL). We are loving (and still trying to figure out) this incredible journey of parenting. We don't want to miss a moment of it, so here are our "Happenings" to help document.
No comments:
Post a Comment